Call us 01925 393 532


Supporting Children Through Divorce or Separation

Divorce or separation is a highly emotional and stressful event for both you and your ex-partner, which can significantly impact your child's world. Children often experience feelings of loss, anger, and anxiety about the changes in their lives. This can lead to...

A Guide to Co -Parenting

Co-parenting can be challenging for separated or divorced parents, yet it is crucial for the well-being of children. The relationship between parents greatly impacts the overall family welfare. To foster a successful co-parenting...

What is a C100?

The C100 Form is a requisite document for requesting a family court to render a judgment under Section 8 of the Children Act 1989. Essentially, it serves as a formal petition to seek a court’s ruling on the custody arrangements concerning your children or grandchildren.

Should you lack access to a printer or opt not to submit the child arrangement order online, you can request the form from your local family court. It’s important to bear in mind that court staff are unable to offer guidance on completing your C100 application.

Upon familiarising yourself with the C100, it is typically necessary to engage a Family Mediator for a meeting known as a Mediation Information Assessment Meeting (MIAM). Since April 2014, the requirement for considering mediation through a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) has been mandatory.

This process aims to elucidate the benefits of mediation and assess its appropriateness for your circumstances. Exceptions to this guideline include urgent cases and situations involving domestic abuse. However, it is advisable to attempt to resolve parenting arrangements amicably between the parties involved.

Please note that from April 29th, 2024, the court will require a statement of truth confirming what attempts you have made to resolve your dispute outside of court. This document is called an FM5 statement, and this must be filed 7 days before you first meet a Judge.  The Judge will then decide whether you have properly attempted to resolve your dispute and can order costs against you if they are not satisfied you made a reasonable attempt to resolve the dispute.